Magnum PR seeks a rockstar Account Manager and an Account Associate to join our growing team.
Account Managers: At Magnum, each client has a dedicated Account Manager, and most full-time Account Managers handle five clients. When taking on a new client, Account Managers set a full-scale media strategy, including media lists, story pitch calendars, and branded event strategy. Each Account Manager has a Account Associate to assist with projects, and takes responsibility for mentoring that junior team member. Account Managers are responsible for the following aspects of client management:
- Make your client look good. You are here to position their business to the outside world with style, finesse, and authenticity
- Create and manage full-fledged PR campaigns and influencer programs that have a material impact on their business. You help these businesses grow and succeed
- Craft a story that shares what is special about your client. Share talking points and messaging with your client so they know how to share their concept with confidence
- Drive bi-weekly client meetings, each kicked off with a “Magnum Agenda”
- Establish a story list, pitch calendar, and target media list for each news moment
- Craft personalized pitches to local and national media and influencers that resonate with editors
- Create a media kit with all media assets necessary (press releases, bios, menus, photos, etc.)
- Manage all requests for information, assets, and interviews
- Schedule media interviews and photo/video shoots, and serve as the on-site liaison between your client and the media
- Craft branded events that showcase what’s noteworthy and exceptional about each of your clients. Manage event logistics, guest lists, and follow-up
- Draft and submit key award nomination applications
- Share monthly clips and key social media mentions with the client and Magnum team
Account Associates: Account Associates support Account Managers on a full-scale media strategy, including story pitch calendars, media lists, and branded event strategy for each of our clients. Account Associates are responsible for the following:
- Support assigned Account Managers in developing full-fledged PR campaigns and influencer programs that have a material impact on their business. You help these businesses grow and succeed
- Collaborate with Account Managers to assist with local pitches and press releases.
- Meet with Account Managers on a weekly basis.
- Attend select client meetings, take and share detailed notes, and collaborate on pitch ideas.
- Develop and maintain an active pitch calendar for each client.
- Create media lists for each pitch opportunity for each client.
- Create weekly and monthly client coverage reports.
- Maintain and update Magnum media contact list.
- Maintain an organized media kit with all assets necessary (press releases, bios, menus, photos.)
- Manage RSVP lists for branded events that showcase what’s noteworthy and exceptional about each of our clients. Assist with event logistics. Greet guests and establish media relationships at client events.
- Track key award nomination deadlines and ensure the Account Managers submit applications on time.
- Contribute to master calendar of conferences, events and speaking opportunities.
If you’re the one, tell us why by emailing email@example.com.
As a member of the Magnum team, you’re expected to:
- Make Magnum look good. Act with professionalism, integrity and style
- Share best practices with your team, thank your collaborators, and celebrate the successes of your peers
- Contribute to making Magnum into the best-in-class restaurant PR agency in San Francisco
- Obsessed with restaurants and food media
- Whip smart, creative, and collaborative
- Ready for any challenge, positive, optimistic, and fun
- Detail oriented, and happily hands-on to make a campaign a success: mailing product samples, rolling napkins, or weeding through invitation spreadsheets